The death of Veteran actress Racheal Oniga has shocked many as condolences have continued to pour but the legacy she left behind speaks volume.
The Nollywood super star was a inspiration to many upcoming actors and it has been revealed she never died of Covid19 complications.
The actress reportedly died on Friday, see 10 things you never knew about the award winning actress.
- 1. Rachael originally hails from Eku, Delta State in Southern Nigeria and was born on 23 May 1957 in Ebute Metta, Lagos State.
- 2. Rachael had her primary education in Lagos at Abule-Oja but had her secondary school in Edo state.
- 3. The actress began her acting career in 1993, shortly after her divorce and her childhood dream was to be a singer and dancer.
- 4. She worked briefly at Ascoline Nigeria Limited, a Dutch Consultant Company before delving into the movie world.
- 5. She made her Nollywood debut in ‘Onome’ and started pulling the strings after starring in ‘Owo Blow’, her first Yoruba movie.
- 6. Rachael once confessed during an interview that her children paid the price for her broken marriage because her firstborn, Olamide, was four years old when she walked out of the union.
- 7. Over the years, Oniga has featured in notable Nigerian films such as Sango, a movie scripted by Wale Ogunyemi, produced and directed by Obafemi Lasode and Wale Adenuga’s television series, Super story.
- 8. She is a very private person and only attends functions when she thinks it is important enough.
- 9. The actress became a grandmother on September 5th, 2014, after her daughter Georgia Oniga welcomed a baby girl.
- The revered screen diva is a recipient of the City People Movie Lifetime Achievement Award.
- 10. The actress is respected by many and an inspiration to many rising actors in the movie industry.
11. Before her demise she has been opportune to travel around the world, places like Toronto Canada, Huston Texas USA, London UK, Dubai UAE and so many others.